When you are building a new pond you will likely need to join two pieces of liner together because most of the time one piece of pond liner won’t cover the whole pond or the size of the pond liner won’t match the size and shape of your pond.
Pond liner glue is an essential thing to join two pieces of liner together. You will also need it to repair the damaged pond liner.
Whether you are joining two pieces of pond liner or repairing it, you will need two things:
- A glue that has enough adhesive properties.
- A seam tape that will hold the two pieces together.
You will also need silicone sealant to join the pond liner with other things.
Also, remember some seam tape may come with self-adhesive, but you should apply extra adhesive or glue for safety and a long-lasting water-tight bond.
If you are just starting this hobby it’s likely to get confused about which glue to use to join pond liners. In this article, we will talk about:
- Pond liner glue.
- Seam tape that is used to seam and repair pond liner.
- Silicone sealant that is used to join pond liner with other pond plumbing and instruments.
If you are in a hurry, the best glue for pond liners is:
- Pond liner glue or primer: Firestone QuickPrime Plus Primer
- Silicone sealant: Aquascape Black Silicone Sealant
- Seam tape for EPDM liner: Aquascape 22017 PRO Contractor EPDM Liner Seam Tape
- Seam tape for all types of liner: Tite-Seal Cofair PLCS525 Pond Liner Cover Strip
Table of Contents
Firestone QuickPrime Plus Primer
- Recommended by professionals
- Works great for joining the EPDM pond liner
- Lifetime waterproof seal
- Stays liquid in cold weather for ease of application
The Firestone QuickPrime Plus is the best adhesive for pond liners that works great for joining EPDM pond liners. It’s recommended by professionals and used by pond builders and hobbyists for seaming together pond liners. It has a long-lasting waterproof seal.
It stays liquid in cold weather for ease of application. So, if you are building a pond or repairing the liner in winter, you can use this adhesive without any worry.
For the best result, make sure you clean the liner properly before using it.
Aquascape Black Silicone Sealant
- Joins pond liner with other things
- Longlisting watertight adhesive
- Safe for fish and other aquatic animals
Aquascape Black Silicone Sealant is a high-quality, easy-to-use watertight silicone sealant.
This best pond liner adhesive can be used to join Skimmer boxes, filter systems, bio falls, and other pond plumbing parts with pond liner. This silicone sealant is easy to use and comes in convenient 4.7 and 10.1-ounce tubes.
The special formula is safe for fish and other aquatic animals.
Aquascape 22017 PRO Contractor EPDM Liner Seam Tape
- Double-sided adhesive seam tape
- 3 inches wide and 25 feet long
- Works best for seaming EPDM liner
- Strong adhesive property
The Aquascape PRO Contractor EPDM Liner Seam Tape gives you a professional quality adhesion for joining two pieces of pond liner.
This best pond liner seam tape works great for seaming EPDM liners. It is a double-sided adhesive seam tape that comes as 3 inches wide and 25 feet long roll.
The strong adhesive property provides the longlisting watertight seal. Make sure you apply primer on the pond liner before using it to join the liner to make sure that it adheres well to the pond liner.
Tite-Seal Cofair PLCS525 Pond Liner Cover Strip
- Equally great for EPDM, PVC, and polypropylene pond liners.
- Comes as a 5” wide and 25 feet long roll.
Tite-Seal Cofair PLCS525 Pond Liner Cover Strip is a self-adhesive pond liner seaming strip that’s great for joining and repairing pond liners.
If your pond liner is made of materials other than EPDM rubber, you should use this pond liner glue. It is equally good for EPDM, PVC, and polypropylene pond liners.
This pond liner seam tape comes as 25 feet 25-foot-long roll of a 5-inch wide strip. A longer role is also available. Although it is self-adhesive make sure you use a primer to get the best result.